Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's a girl!

So we found out today we are having a girl! OR so the technician "thought". She couldn't/wouldn't give me an absolute because she doesn't want to be accountable in case she is wrong. BUT she was pretty darn sure it's a girl. My sweet boy who wanted a brother was thrown off when they said it's a girl. He leaned over and asked Eric " when are they going to tell us what we are really having?" ;) All Audrey wanted to know was "is it coming out today?!" So there were a couple of disappointments but overall great news. I am excited have a girl and Augs to have a little friend when Jack goes to school. Jack has been praying for months and months for a brother, pre-pregnancy even. The other night after prayers he said "Mom, I just saw our baby and it's not a boy, it's a girl." I guess he was right, and some one upstairs knew he might need some extra convincing. It's been a few hours since the news has settled in and he is as excited as ever. He gets to be the big brave brother and take care of 2 little sisters and he still gets Dad all to himself for baseball trips. Eric and I are thrilled to have a healthy baby girl on the way!

3 comments:

Amy said...

congrats! we are all so excited for you!!

Melinda said...

Yay! Congrats. I hope I get to have a girl someday. :) Jack and Augs will be great older siblings to your new little one. I'm glad he's gotten used to the idea already.

Mommy Madness said...

CONGRATS!! That's exciting!