Monday, February 5, 2007

Lovin' February

Can I just say that I love February! I would prefer it was Summer all year long but if I had to pick a favorite Winter month February would be it! I use to LOVE getting my Valentines cards all ready, going down the class list and carefully matching each card to suit it's recipient. Amy, Rod, Christy and I would sit around the table and just go for it. Stickers cards and candy hearts everywhere. I remember one year Rodney using the stapler on his and accidently stapled his finger!! Ouch. I loved delivering my Valentines around to the handmade card holders on everyones desk. ((Room-Mother here I come!!)) We always had fun parties being that Amy is a Feb Birthday and Rod's is on Valentines. Our house was decorated all month long red and pink crepe paper and ballons. We'd wake up on Valentines morning to a small Valentine present on each of our plates from Mom & Dad. I'm excited that Audrey has a February birthday and Jack has a summer birthday. We couldn't have planned that better, Oh wait maybe we did. Don't be surprised if the other "twinkles in Eric's eyes" are born in similar months ; ) I'm glad we have a day like Valentine's Day to have an excuse to do something nice for the ones we love.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I agree Katie. I love February! And it is a short month, so a sooner paycheck, one quicker month less until summer, etc.

Stephanie said...

Katie,
Your blog reminded me of so many good memories - thanks. Makes me want to do the things my mom did to make holidays fun for my family too.